Scientific – Customer Service Supervisor
Customer service supervisor
Netherlands – Landsmeer
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing, global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each of our 67,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world safer, cleaner and healthier.
Job Title: Customer Service Supervisor
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
Job Track: Management
Position Location: Landsmeer
Number of Direct Reports: 10-15
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day Shift
This role is responsible for supervising a team of Customer Service Specialists to deliver a seamless and high quality service, order entry/phone/customer requests service for the customer. Working closely with the Customer Service Manager and other team Supervisor, you will drive a one team approach to customer support, helping to leverage the team’s full capabilities, ensuring no organization barriers exist and drive efficiencies and service improvements as a result.
People Leadership and Development
- Supervise and coach a team of Customer Service Specialists, carry out regular performance reviews and coaching sessions against defined criteria.
- Proactively manage work patterns and staffing levels to avoid a backlog of orders developing.
- Be actively involved in the recruitment and selection process, ensuring that the best talent is brought into the organisation.
- Work closely with the Customer Service Manager as well as Training and Quality teams to develop and implement training plans.
- Document and maintain official works procedure, ensuring all of the team have received full training and adhere to the departmental processes.
- Working with the resource analyst to ensure appropriate resources are available to cover workflow requirements, overseeing holidays, sickness absence etc.
- Develop and maintain a positive work environment maintaining the dignity and respect of all team members